Russell Putnam, JD
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Private Placements
• Qualified Opportunity Zones
• Oil & Gas
Prior to his current role as Co-President, Russell Putnam served as manager at FactRight since 2014, providing due diligence analysis on alternative investment programs, primarily focusing on conservation easement, oil and gas, and private placement programs.
Russell’s work experience in the financial services industry, and as an attorney, make him uniquely qualified to provide due diligence services on alternative investments. Russell contributes as a due diligence analyst for FactRight to ensure that broker dealers have identified key risks in alternative investments. Russell works with broker dealers and product sponsors to provide clear analysis of complex strategies, governance provisions, fee structures, regulatory matters, and tax benefits and consequences. Prior to joining FactRight, Russell worked for GMAC-RFC, where he gained valuable experience in the securities industry as an asset specialist for a structured finance group focused on the pooling and distribution of asset-and mortgage-backed securities. He also provided financial institutions with compliance services, including federal and state lending requirement research, while working as a compliance-consulting analyst for Wolters Kluwer Financial Services. Additionally, Russell reviewed discovery related documents for relevance, privilege, and confidentiality concerns while employed as a project attorney for Kroll Ontrack.
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Hamline University School of Law
- B.A., Economics and Political Science, St. Olaf College
- Member, Minnesota State Bar
- Toastmasters International Member, All-American Speakers, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- CALI Awards for Academic Excellence in Negotiation, Antitrust, Commercial Law-Payment Systems, Wills and Trusts Drafting
- Hamline Law Review Associate Editor
- Hamline Law Review Associate