Kathryn Stephany, JD
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Operational Due Diligence
• Operational Controls
Prior to her current role as General Counsel, Kate Stephany worked as securities attorney at FactRight since 2013.
Kate focuses on the business/formation areas of a company. Though she was new to the industry when she started at FactRight, her previous experience in bankruptcy law and banking helped her excel, and after a year she was promoted to project lead.
After obtaining her undergraduate degree, Kate worked in the finance department of a large insurance company, and moved to the Twin Cities a few years later to attend law school. Prior to working at FactRight, Kate held several positions, including contract work in due diligence for an international financial services company, and practiced bankruptcy law.
Kate is an avid knitter, winning awards from the Minnesota State fair, and enjoys camping with her husband.
- Juris Doctorate, William Mitchell College of Law
- Bachelor of Science, Finance, University of Illinois
- Past co-vice chair of Legal and Regulatory Committee, ADISA
- Member of ADISA legal and Regulatory committee
- Member, State Bar of Minnesota