Brandon L. Raatikka, JD
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Private Placements
• Delaware Statutory Trusts
• 1031 Exchange Process
• 721 Exchanges
• Regulation A+
Brandon Raatikka has served as an alternative investment analyst and project leader at FactRight for nine years. His current role is Chief Operating Officer.
Brandon’s areas of expertise include real estate syndications, Regulation A, project management, and professional business communication. Brandon is passionate about distilling complex ideas so they can be communicated clearly. This passion drives his work to identify, assess, and plainly communicate the material risks of an investment offering.
He is also passionate about people, ideas, and continuous improvement, which has helped to make FactRight the market leader in alternative investment due diligence and a great place to work. Brandon is adept at making connections between seemingly disparate concepts, and he contextualizes due diligence findings so that FactRight’s clients can make optimally-informed investment decisions. Law school emphasized the paired importance of both the details and the larger picture, and Brandon engages with that paradigm every day at FactRight.
Prior to joining FactRight, Brandon oversaw telecommunications facility site identification and analysis through due diligence, leasing, and land use planning.
Brandon is most proud of being key player and influencer on the team that has adapted, grown, and thrived during difficult economic and regulatory environments — less than 10% of companies survive for 10 years in normal conditions — and the mark he continues to make on FactRight’s culture.
- J.D., Law, cum laude, Minnesota Law Review, University of Minnesota Law School, 2003-2006
- B.A., History, magna cum laude, honors program, Bethel University, 1999-2003
- Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Keble College, University of Oxford, spring 2002
- Member and/or Chair of Editorial Subcommittee – Alternative & Direct Investment Securities Association (ADISA)
- Member – State Bar of Minnesota