Steve Fischer, CPA, CFP
Steve believes that FactRight’s success starts and ends with their clients’ success.
Steve is a founding member of FactRight, as well as its treasurer and CFO. Steve is responsible for the Finance functions of the company which includes management and administrative operations of the company, including banking, accounting, and financial and tax reporting along with Information Technology, Human Resources and Legal support.
Steve started his career in the financial services industry over 50 years ago with Touche, Ross, Bailey and Smart and has served in CEO, CFO, and director positions with seven broker dealers, three registered investment advisors and eight mutual fund companies. Two of these broker dealers, where he served as CEO and/or director, were operating subsidiaries of publicly traded financial services firms.
Steve also operated his own CPA firm and was the managing partner in the firm of Fischer, Johnson and Zuelke, PA.
Steve has also been active as a financial adviser to individual and institutional clients, assisting them in their financial planning and investment and wealth management needs.
- Graduate, University of Pennsylvania Securities Institute Program at the Wharton School
- B.S., Mankato State University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Financial Planner Licensee
- Steve has held FINRA registrations 4, 7, 24, 27, 53, and 63, and has qualified and has served as an arbitrator under the FINRA Arbitration Program
- Member, Minnesota Society of CPAs
- Former board member, Minnesota Financial Planners Association
- Member, MN CPA Legislative Issues Committee
- MN FPA Professional Issues Committee
Steve has served on the boards of directors three non-profit arts organizations and is a past board member, Treasurer and President of the Goal Line Association, a booster and financial supporter of the University of Minnesota Athletic Department.
Steve also serves on the Board of Directors, and as Treasurer and past president of the Bent Creek Woods Homeowners Association where he is a current homeowner.
For several years during his tenure as the CEO of PrimeVest Financial Services, the firm was awarded the prestigious Dalbar award as a provider of retail investment services through banking institutions, Saving and Loan Associations and Credit Unions.